- RT @guardian: Songbirds in decline – a tragedy for Britain's culture, as well as its environment gu.com/p/3zcv3/tw 1 week ago
- Best quote from @CDDC Earth without art is just "Eh"! 1 week ago
- Grantwriting Tips from Fiction Writers nblo.gs/VJNRB 2 weeks ago
- #sunnyside pride! Jimmy Van Bramer Is City Council’s Arts Champion, via @nytimes nyti.ms/PHBovf 2 weeks ago
- RT @CrossEyedPiano: "the Bieberization of arts journalism" - Music Criticism Has Degenerated Into Lifestyle Reporting http://t.co/fD375woUi… 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Breathless, baseless BSO speculation
- Kurtag, where have you been all my life?
- Hire Me
- To Latvia with Love
- !@#&^%$!!!!!! (Cellphone halts Mahler's Ninth mid-movement)
- Sunday Morning Listening: Honegger, Pastorale d'été
- Juilliard says there are too many musicians!
- Sunday morning listening: Ives, Psalm 90
- Patron X, we're on your side
thousandfold echo by thousandfoldecho.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at thousandfoldecho.com. Any views expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent the views of the author's current or former employers.
Tag Archives: Bartok
Back in the noughties, piano cognoscenti liked to trash the Chinese piano phenom Lang Lang. The late, lamented Earl Wild once called him “the J. Lo of the piano,” and then there’s his nickname, “Bang Bang.” Critics slammed him for … Continue reading
Musical chairs: a review of Iván Fischer, András Schiff, Budapest Festival Orchestra, Carnegie Hall, 10/28/11
One of the most marvelous things about Iván Fischer and this orchestra is that you get the sense that nothing is taken for granted; these musicians carefully consider every phrase and gesture, every aspect of their music making. This quality … Continue reading