- RT @Operatoonity: All fall down - parterre box has obtained a memo sent to artists' managers in which AGMA Executive Director Alan G... htt… 1 day ago
- @Kriegetweets, I'm flattered that @nyphil is totally blowing me up. :-) 3 days ago
- Best prep for the @nyphil #nielsenproject yet, the composer's own words: gu.com/p/3n7qj/tw via @guardian 3 days ago
- Musica Nuova in 2013, 2014, and beyond eepurl.com/OBCan 4 days ago
- C4 Concerts this Week nblo.gs/Unxyp 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
thousandfold echo by thousandfoldecho.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at thousandfoldecho.com. Any views expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent the views of the author's current or former employers.
Tag Archives: Bartok
Back in the noughties, piano cognoscenti liked to trash the Chinese piano phenom Lang Lang. The late, lamented Earl Wild once called him “the J. Lo of the piano,” and then there’s his nickname, “Bang Bang.” Critics slammed him for … Continue reading
Musical chairs: a review of Iván Fischer, András Schiff, Budapest Festival Orchestra, Carnegie Hall, 10/28/11
One of the most marvelous things about Iván Fischer and this orchestra is that you get the sense that nothing is taken for granted; these musicians carefully consider every phrase and gesture, every aspect of their music making. This quality … Continue reading