- @operacandy, great post, but I'm with @OPERAAmerica @yaptracker @classicalsinger on #stoppredatory audition fees: thousandfoldecho.com/2014/10/17/why… 6 days ago
- Why Opera Companies Charge Audition Fees and Why You Should Pay Them nblo.gs/10ICqp 6 days ago
- @PolishCuisine You coming to Sunnyside tonight?? 1 week ago
- The Joy In Singing Award: Save Oct. 29 for Tami Petty: eepurl.com/5om0f Wonderful artist to win this honor! 2 weeks ago
- Tickets on Sale for the Music of Schütz - eepurl.com/4IBsn 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Hire Me
- Why Opera Companies Charge Audition Fees and Why You Should Pay Them
- Review: Stravinsky, Dutoit, Philadelphia Orchestra, 5/3/11
- Business ideas for entrepreneurial musicians
- NYC Opera, Boeing, and the "runaway shop"
- Breathless, baseless BSO speculation
- Juilliard says there are too many musicians!
- Leaving Classical Singer
Legalese© Thousandfoldecho.com, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent the views of the author's current or former employers.
Category Archives: New York Philharmonic
Back in the noughties, piano cognoscenti liked to trash the Chinese piano phenom Lang Lang. The late, lamented Earl Wild once called him “the J. Lo of the piano,” and then there’s his nickname, “Bang Bang.” Critics slammed him for … Continue reading
The poor shlemiel/shlimazel/shlub whose cellphone was heard round the world this week graciously spoke with Daniel Wakin in the Times today, and revealed what is already fairly obvious: he really didn’t mean it. And who knew that iPhones still bleep … Continue reading
Okay folks, thanks for the 15 minutes. Can we talk about music now? No other classical music news has topped this cell phone, not Thomas Quasthoff’s sad announcement of his retirement, not budget woes at San Antonio Opera and Trinity … Continue reading
For those who say that the concert hall needs to loosen up, who want tweet-seats and more technology, be careful what you wish for. Until today I’ve never been to a concert where a cellphone stopped the orchestra in the … Continue reading