- RT @guardian: Songbirds in decline – a tragedy for Britain's culture, as well as its environment gu.com/p/3zcv3/tw 1 week ago
- Best quote from @CDDC Earth without art is just "Eh"! 1 week ago
- Grantwriting Tips from Fiction Writers nblo.gs/VJNRB 1 week ago
- #sunnyside pride! Jimmy Van Bramer Is City Council’s Arts Champion, via @nytimes nyti.ms/PHBovf 1 week ago
- RT @CrossEyedPiano: "the Bieberization of arts journalism" - Music Criticism Has Degenerated Into Lifestyle Reporting http://t.co/fD375woUi… 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
thousandfold echo by thousandfoldecho.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at thousandfoldecho.com. Any views expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent the views of the author's current or former employers.
Category Archives: New York Philharmonic
Back in the noughties, piano cognoscenti liked to trash the Chinese piano phenom Lang Lang. The late, lamented Earl Wild once called him “the J. Lo of the piano,” and then there’s his nickname, “Bang Bang.” Critics slammed him for … Continue reading
The poor shlemiel/shlimazel/shlub whose cellphone was heard round the world this week graciously spoke with Daniel Wakin in the Times today, and revealed what is already fairly obvious: he really didn’t mean it. And who knew that iPhones still bleep … Continue reading
Okay folks, thanks for the 15 minutes. Can we talk about music now? No other classical music news has topped this cell phone, not Thomas Quasthoff’s sad announcement of his retirement, not budget woes at San Antonio Opera and Trinity … Continue reading
For those who say that the concert hall needs to loosen up, who want tweet-seats and more technology, be careful what you wish for. Until today I’ve never been to a concert where a cellphone stopped the orchestra in the … Continue reading