- South African Music nblo.gs/RQXcF 18 hours ago
- Remembering #mandela with the music that brought down #apartheid Amandla!: youtu.be/9rD6LxhZuuc 3 days ago
- A light in Minnesota @mnopera eepurl.com/JXXGD 1 week ago
- RT @AuditionsPlus: To Institutionalize or Not? What financial structure does your next project need. Read the A+ Blog w @AmandaKeilMusic ht… 1 week ago
- Too bad, #Two Boys nblo.gs/R2HEJ 4 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Anton and the hard sell
- !@#&^%$!!!!!! (Cellphone halts Mahler's Ninth mid-movement)
- South African Music
- Urgent petition: save some of Germany's finest orchestras!
- Hire Me
- Carlos, we hardly knew ye
- Everyone's a critic! "Popera," Rebecca Black, and Simon Cowell
- From Silent Spring to a furious Fifth (plus: Tchaikovsky's forgotten lyrics)
- NYC Opera, Boeing, and the "runaway shop"
thousandfold echo by thousandfoldecho.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at thousandfoldecho.com. Any views expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent the views of the author's current or former employers.
Category Archives: Alan Gilbert
Back in the noughties, piano cognoscenti liked to trash the Chinese piano phenom Lang Lang. The late, lamented Earl Wild once called him “the J. Lo of the piano,” and then there’s his nickname, “Bang Bang.” Critics slammed him for … Continue reading
Okay folks, thanks for the 15 minutes. Can we talk about music now? No other classical music news has topped this cell phone, not Thomas Quasthoff’s sad announcement of his retirement, not budget woes at San Antonio Opera and Trinity … Continue reading
For those who say that the concert hall needs to loosen up, who want tweet-seats and more technology, be careful what you wish for. Until today I’ve never been to a concert where a cellphone stopped the orchestra in the … Continue reading