- The perfect post-Father's Day treat, kinda. eepurl.com/AWEu1 6 days ago
- Sunday Morning Listening: La Cheminee Du Roi Rene nblo.gs/M29LC 1 week ago
- Sunday Morning Listening: Other music for Spring nblo.gs/LOFdG 2 weeks ago
- Musica Nuova concerts in June #earlymusic eepurl.com/Abm2X 2 weeks ago
- Congratulations Grant Herreid! earlymusic.org/2013-laurette-… #earlymusic 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- !@#&^%$!!!!!! (Cellphone halts Mahler's Ninth mid-movement)
- What I learned from Jerry Hadley
- To Latvia with Love
- Sunday Morning Listening: La Cheminee Du Roi Rene
- On Traviata, Verdi, and the rest
- The NEA turns its back on classical music
- Review: New York City Opera, Monodramas, 3/26/11
- Musical chairs: a review of Iván Fischer, András Schiff, Budapest Festival Orchestra, Carnegie Hall, 10/28/11
- Mahlergate: the moral of the story is...?
- Herbert Breslin: My Boss, My Friend
thousandfold echo by thousandfoldecho.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at thousandfoldecho.com. Any views expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent the views of the author's current or former employers.
Category Archives: Alan Gilbert
Back in the noughties, piano cognoscenti liked to trash the Chinese piano phenom Lang Lang. The late, lamented Earl Wild once called him “the J. Lo of the piano,” and then there’s his nickname, “Bang Bang.” Critics slammed him for … Continue reading
Okay folks, thanks for the 15 minutes. Can we talk about music now? No other classical music news has topped this cell phone, not Thomas Quasthoff’s sad announcement of his retirement, not budget woes at San Antonio Opera and Trinity … Continue reading
For those who say that the concert hall needs to loosen up, who want tweet-seats and more technology, be careful what you wish for. Until today I’ve never been to a concert where a cellphone stopped the orchestra in the … Continue reading