- RT @Operatoonity: All fall down - parterre box has obtained a memo sent to artists' managers in which AGMA Executive Director Alan G... htt… 2 days ago
- @Kriegetweets, I'm flattered that @nyphil is totally blowing me up. :-) 4 days ago
- Best prep for the @nyphil #nielsenproject yet, the composer's own words: gu.com/p/3n7qj/tw via @guardian 4 days ago
- Musica Nuova in 2013, 2014, and beyond eepurl.com/OBCan 5 days ago
- C4 Concerts this Week nblo.gs/Unxyp 5 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- From Silent Spring to a furious Fifth (plus: Tchaikovsky's forgotten lyrics)
- Cheating death: a review of Bruckner, Rattle, and the Berliner Philharmoniker at Carnegie, 2/24/12
- How to attract young people to classical music concerts
- Farewell to "the last great conductor"
- American Classical Orchestra kicks off HANDELFEST with a Children's Concert
- Einstein on the Beach at BAM
- !@#&^%$!!!!!! (Cellphone halts Mahler's Ninth mid-movement)
- To Latvia with Love
- Hire Me
thousandfold echo by thousandfoldecho.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at thousandfoldecho.com. Any views expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent the views of the author's current or former employers.
Category Archives: Alan Gilbert
Back in the noughties, piano cognoscenti liked to trash the Chinese piano phenom Lang Lang. The late, lamented Earl Wild once called him “the J. Lo of the piano,” and then there’s his nickname, “Bang Bang.” Critics slammed him for … Continue reading
Okay folks, thanks for the 15 minutes. Can we talk about music now? No other classical music news has topped this cell phone, not Thomas Quasthoff’s sad announcement of his retirement, not budget woes at San Antonio Opera and Trinity … Continue reading
For those who say that the concert hall needs to loosen up, who want tweet-seats and more technology, be careful what you wish for. Until today I’ve never been to a concert where a cellphone stopped the orchestra in the … Continue reading